My Industry / Cosmetics & Personal Care
Powering Innovation in Cosmetics and Personal Care Product Packaging
In the cosmetics and personal care industry, the package can make the product. That’s why top companies such as Colgate-Palmolive, Estée Lauder and Procter & Gamble regularly send attendees to PACK EXPO Las Vegas, where you’ll find the latest innovations for liquids, creams, gels, sticks, powders and more.
- Look for potential crossover solutions from pharma industry suppliers.
- Talk with suppliers about solutions that enhance the customer experience, increase functionality, prevent contamination and increase shelf impact.
- Visit the Containers and Materials Pavilion to see and handle new bottles, jars, lids, films, seals and more.
- See the new PACKage Printing Pavilion for digital packaging solutions that make high-end looks, customization and smaller runs more feasible.
- Consider potential crossover solutions from industry suppliers at co-located PACK EXPO Las Vegas.
COSMETICS/PERSONAL CARE INDUSTRY NEWS
Personal care items often lack tamper evident features
A new white paper, “Personal Care Industry Trends,” from PMMI Business Intelligence, finds consumers are not demanding T.E. bands, and CPGs are reluctant to add cost.
Expanding use of unique dispensing system
In bringing out a new skin care line called Artistry Signature Select, Amway is among the first to leverage the unique advantages of the Vessl nitrogen-pressurized dispensing system.
Nanotechnology-based coating repels stains
The patent-pending coating is ideal for the cosmetics industry, where the appearance of the product post-sale enhances and preserves brand value.
Sometimes personal care is both a drug and a cosmetic
Anti-dandruff shampoos, anticaries toothpaste, antiperspirant-deodorants, moisturizers and make-up with SPF protection are just some of the personal care products with FDA Title 21 or 16 mandated regulations.
Skin care products set the pace
An increase in demand for anti-acne products, body moisturizers and lotions and anti-aging products have pushed skin care to the top of the personal care packaging pile in terms of sales.
Sleek deodorant redesign
One of the world’s most popular deodorants remodeled its female range in a tall, sleek, and shaped aluminum aerosol can.